Dr Rita Sood Memorial Oration
Dr Rita Sood, 21st October 1956 to 8th April 2021
An astute clinician, an empathetic doctor & a dedicated teacher, full of compassion for residents and students.
- Former Head, Department of Medicine, AIIMS
- Completed her MBBS and MD from Lady Hardinge College, New Delhi
- Masters in Medical Education from University of Dundee, UK
- Received WHO Fellowship in clinical hematology
- Fellow at Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Fellow at National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Actively involved in faculty development programs nationally & internationally for the last 2 decades
- Worked closely with WHO, UNICEF and Medical Council of India on issues pertaining to medical education
Dr Vedprakash Mishra
Professor of Excellence, Professor of Eminence and
Professor Emeritus Dr Vedprakash Mishra
Dr B. C. Roy National Awardee,
D.Sc. (Honoris Causa) by Six Universities
National Head of the Academic Programme of Indian Programme UNESCO Chair in Bio-Ethics Haifa & Member of the International Committee for Bioethics for Asia Pacific Region
Chief Advisor to Hon’ble Chancellor and Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed to be University), Karad
Pro-Chancellor, Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed to be University), Nagpur.
Dr D.K. Srinivas
Dr D.K. Srinivas is one of the pioneers in the development of Medical and Health Professional education in India. He retired as Dean of Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry. He was one of the founding members of the first National Teacher Training Centre (NTTC) at JIPMER, Pondicherry, established by the Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India in 1976, and contributed actively in Training of Teachers in Educational Science & Technology. He has the distinction of running the largest number of Teacher’s Training programs in India.
Dr N. Anantha Krishnan
Professor of Eminence in Surgery and Health Professions Education
- Member of the faculty of the National Teachers Training Centre for Health Professionals (NTTC) for 25 years from 1981 to 2006.
- Member of the high-power committee of Government of India for implementing the recommendations of the National Knowledge Commission on “Information Technology in Future Health care” – 2008.
- Chairman of the Postgraduate working committee of the Medical Council of India for revising the pattern of postgraduate medical education in India 2010, 2011 – submitted a detailed report to the MCI on the issue.
- Member of the panel of the MCI for drawing up plans for “Rural posting of medical undergraduates,” 2012.